Friday, June 12, 2009

Think Before You Speak

'99 I damn near died and was put on the vent ,I was on it for 24 hours almost did not make it.
2 hours after being off the vent my pastor comes in and asks How I'm Doing?
How am I doing, How AM I DOING?
Padre I got a Pipe in my pecker and in a few moments they are going to stick a hose up my ass, by the way do you got a freakin' prayer for that!
And How is your day Padre?
How am I doing he asks.

And remember...
Laissez les bon temps rouler!
And as always, thanks for listening!

5 comments:

Paula said...

I'm behind on reading and commenting. You've had more then your share of sickness and death in your family. Hope your uncle Frank will be better.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

hey....if they don't have a prayer for everything....they'll make one up....!!

I prefer talking to God on my own...

Keep smiling....make'um wonder!!

LindaMay

Marty said...

Sheesh ... goes to show that even sometimes a Pastor doesn't know what to say. That's like a reporter asking a grieving family, "How do you feel?"
Best,
Marty

Sharon said...

Padre picked a perfect time to present his perplexing inquiry. Glad you set him straight.

Joann said...

LOL!! Well, glad you're still here!!